Creating a mod for Verdant Skies:
To learn how to create a mod for Verdant Skies, check out the modding section of the wiki.
The base content of the game has been made available for you to use as a reference when creating your mods. You may download it here:
- Verdant Skies Base Content: Last updated June 10th, 2019. ( 374 kb )
- This includes the dialog text, mails, quests, waypoints, and craftables.
- Verdant Skies Portrait Art: NPC portrait art, generally in photoshop format (276 mb)
- Verdant Skies NPC Art: Character artwork- walk cycles (23 mb)
- Player Clothing Art: Separated pieces of clothing for the character creator. (48.9 mb)
- Verdant Skies Object Art: A collection of objects in game and their artwork that you might want to reuse. ( 28.9 mb)
- Audio list: A text file with all sound and music events you can play.
Do you source files for other in-game artwork for your mod? Let us know on the Steam modding forum!
Getting the mod uploader:
In Verdant Skies 1.4 and later, the mod uploader tool is built into the steam version of the game! Just click the Md Uploader button on the mods page. Make sure to enable Mod Developer Mode. The old standalone version would still work:
To upload a mod, use the mod uploader tool for windows. You can download a binary that’s already configured to work with Verdant Skies: Verdant Skies Mod Uploader – Windows, Version 10, Feb 28, 2018 Alternatively, source code and additional documentation is available on this github page.